As a country, we are certainly not where we all hoped we would be by now with respect to the Covid pandemic. And in many parts of America the situation is once again troubling. However, currently in Vermont, the most vaccinated state in the union, Covid is being well managed and the situation is not getting more worrisome with time. This is in large part because Vermonters have chosen, and continue to choose, to act responsibly with the wellbeing of our communities in mind.
As part of this community minded effort, Copley, your community hospital, takes our role in managing Covid very seriously so we can continue in our mission to serve the health needs of our community while keeping our patients, staff, and community as safe as possible. We are very grateful and honored that you continue to choose Copley for your health care needs, and we would like to give you a brief summary of our efforts in managing Covid to make Copley as safe as possible.
- All patients are PCR tested for Covid prior to their admission, this includes surgical patients.
- All birthing mothers are given a 1 hour Covid PCR test, so they can safely give birth without a mask and can welcome their babies into the world face-to-face. We have done this throughout the pandemic.
- All visitors to Copley must show proof of vaccination and must wear a mask. The number of visitors to the hospital are limited.
- Masks are required for all our staff, regardless of vaccination status.
- 93% of our staff are vaccinated. As of October 1, vaccines are mandated for all our staff; those with an approved exemption will be tested weekly.
- All our staff are screened daily, and those with any Covid compatible symptoms must test Covid negative before reporting to duty.
- The ventilation system in the hospital has been upgraded and optimized.
- The hospital has been modified to have 9 Covid appropriate isolation rooms.
- Our drive-thru Covid PCR testing continues Monday – Saturday by appointment (888-8642). Copley is self-sufficient with Covid PCR testing and has done over 20,000 tests since the pandemic began, and we are currently doing over 400 a week.
- We are currently organizing to restart the Copley-VFW vaccine clinics for the boosters when approved.
It is understandable that some of these measures can feel burdensome and annoying. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to provide the best possible care while keeping everyone safe. Please feel free to reach out to us with questions and concerns.
Your Copley Health Care Team