Oncology, Cancer Care + Infusion
Copley Hospital and Central Vermont Medical Center (CVMC) have partnered to provide medical oncology care and outpatient infusion services for adults with cancer and blood-related diseases.
Oncologist/hematologist David Ospina, MD sees patients as needed at his Berlin office and works closely with Copley’s Oncology team for your regular cancer care to take place on-site at Copley. Twice a month, Dr. Ospina is at Copley seeing patients.
Copley’s Oncology staff offers a team of expertly trained oncology and hematology specialists, high-tech diagnostics, and private, comfortable treatment rooms. You receive intimate, personal care, both physically and emotionally, from staff that’s like an extended family.
Physical + Emotional Support from Your Healthcare Team
Emotional support is essential for patients and their families affected by a cancer diagnosis. Copley’s team of support includes the oncologist, advanced practice nurse, registered nurses, social worker and chaplain.
- End of life and palliative care counseling and services in coordination with home health services in the surrounding communities
- Emotional support for patients and their families
Our ability to provide high-quality cancer care is supported by a multidisciplinary team at Copley Hospital including pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, emergency and inpatient services.
Private Treatment Rooms
The outpatient clinic offers private treatment rooms equipped with comfortable recliners and televisions with access to a refrigerator and dining services from our cafe. We encourage you to have family and friends join you during your chemotherapy treatment as our visitor policy allows.
Oncology + Hematology Services provided include:
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy for most cancer diagnoses
- Collaborate/coordinate care with other hospitals, allowing you to receive chemotherapy and supportive care closer to home
- Assess, diagnose, and treat symptoms related to disease and secondary to treatment
- Education regarding disease, treatments and potential side effects
Conditions treated include:
Our team cares for all cancers; from breast, lung, and thyroid to colon, kidney, and more.
Infusion Therapy Services
Copley’s infusion services are offered five days per week treating conditions resulting from oncology, surgical, prenatal/hyperemesis and other illnesses.
Infusion Services provided include:
- Daily antibiotics
- Iron infusions/Anemia
- Blood Transfusions
- IV Hydrations
- Allergy Shots