Copley Hospital Rehabilitation Services
Flexible hours are available. Please call to schedule an appointment.
528 Washington Highway
Morrisville, VT 05661
Copley’s Speech Language Pathologists are certified and licensed professionals who diagnose, evaluate and treat a wide range of speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
Disorders Treated Include
- Language Disorders – including difficulty making sense of the environment, comprehending spoken language or communicating thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
- Swallowing Disorders, also known as dysphagia. This usually occurs as a result of illness, surgery, stroke, or injury.
- Voice Disorders – when the quality of voice is affected, such as having a hoarse, breathy, or nasal voice, or when speech volume is too high or low.
- Speech Fluency issues, such as Stuttering, the most commonly recognized speech problem.
- Articulation Disorders – difficulties making sounds correctly. These problems may begin in childhood or may occur later in life as a result of stroke, injury, or illness.
- Cognitive Communication Disorders – common in adults after a head injury or stroke. These disorders cause difficulty in thinking clearly, remembering or problem solving.
Other Speech/Language Services Include
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication – offering new possibilities for people who cannot speak. Technology offers an array of options, including voice synthesizing computers and communication boards.
- Communication Enhancement – improving everyday communication skills, such as pitch, projection, accent and nonverbal communication.
Common Diagnostic Problems Evaluated
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head/Neck Cancer recovery
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cleft Palate