|Contact, Hours, Location|
Appointments: Monday through Friday 7:00am-4:00pm
Location: 604 Washington Highway (next to Health Center Bldg.)
At Copley, community wellness takes many different forms.
From birthing classes to flu vaccine clinics to healthier living workshops, Copley Hospital's Wellness Center provides a variety of health improvement services for all ages.
What is Wellness?
Wellness is proactive prevention versus reactive treatment. It is focusing on making healthier choices. We work with you to find a healthy balance in nutrition, physical activity and stress management and teach you ways to better manage any chronic condition you may have.
Copley's Wellness Center
The Wellness Center houses several nurses, diabetes educators, dietitian, and "quit smoking" coaches; all with a focus on wellness/prevention and education to help people personally manage their health.
We are part of the Copley Health Service Area's Blueprint, providing healthier living workshops, diabetes education and other services to help those with chronic conditions better manage their health.
Find the Right Program for You
We regularly hold classes, demonstrations, workshops and one-on-one and group coaching sessions. Schools, businesses and community organizations book us for on-site presentations. We're also available by appointment to meet with you personally. Many of our classes are free, but some do require a fee; advance registration is always appreciated. Call the Copley Hospital Wellness Center at 802-888-8369.
Register for One of Our Programs
Check out our calendar of classes and events; you can even register online. We offer a variety of programs and classes including:
• Birthing Classes - a six-week session for expectant parents who wish to experience birth with knowledge, confidence, increased comfort and active involvement in this major life event.
• Healthier Living Workshops - offered in collaboration with the Vermont Blueprint for Health. The six-week course is for people with chronic pain, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and MS. Participants learn strategies to help deal with frustration, anger and fatigue; improve strength, flexibility and endurance; learn healthier eating and manage medications. The class is free.
• Heart Saver – A monthly class that trains you to recognize an emergency and act. Participants will identify and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in adult, infants and children. Class provides certification and re-certification.
• Community Based First Aid Course - In one session, you'll learn all the basics of immediate first aid. This course meets OSHA and state requirements.
• Smoke Free/Quit Smoking - a program for people who want to kick the tobacco habit. The program helps you prepare to quit, quit and maintain a smoke-free lifestyle.
• Diabetes Education - Work 1:1 with Copley's Certified Diabetes Educator to learn how to control your blood sugar and reduce the impact diabetes can have on your health. Copley works in coordination with your physician.
View our complete schedule.