Speech Language Pathology
|Copley's Speech Language Pathologists are certified and licensed professionals who diagnose, evaluate and treat a wide range of speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
Disorders treated include:
- Language Disorders - including difficulty making sense of the environment, comprehending spoken language or communicating thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
- Swallowing Disorders, also known as dysphagia. This usually occurs as a result of illness, surgery, stroke, or injury.
- Voice Disorders - when the quality of voice is affected, such as having a hoarse, breathy, or nasal voice, or when speech volume is too high or low.
- Stuttering, the most commonly recognized speech problem.
- Articulation Disorders - difficulties making sounds correctly. These problems may begin in childhood or may occur later in life as a result of stroke, injury, or illness.
- Cognitive Communication Disorders - common in adults after a head injury or stroke. These disorders cause difficulty in thinking clearly, remembering or problem solving.
- Other Speech/Language Services, including
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication - offering new possibilities for people who cannot speak.Technology offers an array of options, including voice synthesizing computers and communication boards.
communication skills, such as pitch, projection,
- Communication Enhancement - improving everyday
accent and nonverbal communication.
Common Diagnostic Problems Evaluated
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head/Neck Cancer recovery
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cleft Palate
- Hearing Loss
Flexible hours are available. Please call to schedule an appointment.