|Your first stop at Copley Hospital, unless it is an emergency, should always be at the Registration desk in the Main Lobby. Whether you are here for a blood test, an x-ray, a doctor's appointment, or surgery, please check in at Registration. |
Registration is located in the Main Lobby, turn to your right once inside the Main Entrance.
Patient Registration Hours: 6:30am - 4:00pm
After hours, please register in the Emergency Department. The entrance to the Emergency Department is on your left once inside the Main Entrance.
Please bring with you:
• Your insurance identification card, Medicare Card or Medicaid Card
• A photo ID or driver's license
• Your co-payment, if you have one
• A copy of your Advance Directive if you have one and if it is not already in your Medical Record. You may also know it as a Living Will, Health Care Directive or Power of Attorney for Health Care.
When you come:
• Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
• Let us know if you have special needs - such as a wheelchair or an interpreter.
• You will review your information with a member of our Patient Access staff. It is important that we have the most up-to-date and accurate information in your record.
• You will be asked to sign forms which 1) allows Copley Hospital to bill your insurance company, 2) shows you agree to receive treatment and 3) when necessary, be admitted as an inpatient.
When you register as an inpatient, your name is added to the hospital's patient directory unless you request otherwise.
Being in the Directory allows you to receive phone calls, visitors, flowers and mail. When a visitor calls or arrives to visit and asks for you by name, the Directory allows the hospital to give your visitor your room number. It also allows us to share your condition (good, fair, serious, critical, undetermined). No information is given out if a caller or visitor does not ask for you directly by name.
If you wish to remain anonymous and not have any information shared, you should "opt out" of the Hospital Directory when you register. This means you will not receive phone calls, visitors (including clergy), flowers, mail, etc.
Chaplaincy and Clergy
During registration, you may share your religious preference. Unless you request otherwise, your preference may be given to ministers of the faith you designate. If you want your pastor, minister, rabbi or other clergy to be notified upon your admission, please let Patient Access Staff know at the time you register.
Copley Hospital's Chaplain is permitted access to the directory of all Copley Hospital inpatients. Area clergy are permitted access to a list of inpatients who share their specific religious affiliation.
If you do not want to have any clergy visit you, please let Patient Access Staff know that you do not want a religious affiliation listed on your record.
This means you will not be contacted by our Chaplain or any area clergy during your stay at Copley Hospital.